Special Issue on Designer/Engineered Biochar for Sustainable Waste Management
• 大类 : 工程技术 - 1区
• 小类 : 工程：化工 - 1区
• 小类 : 工程：环境 - 1区
Biochar, which is a C-rich material produced through pyrolysis of organic materials has been recognized as a multifunctional material for energy and environmental applications. Biochar has known to increase nutrient and water retention in soil, enhancing crop productivity, and eliminate in/organic contaminants from soil and water and reduction of greenhouse gas emission.
During recent years, extensive attention has been gained on the modification of biochar with novel structures and surface properties to enhance its remediation efficacy and environmental benefits (e.g., designer vs engineered biochar).
The aim of the proposed special issue is to publish selective novel on-going research contributing to the innovative and effective thermochemical conversion process of biowaste for various energy and environmental applications.
Different topics may be considered useful to contribute to this special issue and for further development and application of biowaste, including
· Sustainable waste management through production of value-added products
· Novel engineering methods to prepare designer/engineering biochar
· Application of designer/engineered biochar for effective removal of hazardous materials
· Production of low risk and environment-frendly biochars (designer/engineered biochars) with reduced toxicity and contaminants content
· Potential risks and environmental impacts of designer/engineered biochar
· Nanotechnology for biochar properties improvement regarding to energy and environmental applications