Special Issue on “Renewable Energy to Drive Sustainable Electric Transport: Synergies, Challenges and Opportunities”
• 大类 : 工程技术 - 2区
• 小类 : 能源与燃料 - 2区
A transition to low carbon cities/communities is characterised by higher share of renewable energy sources (RES) and electric vehicles (EVs). The seamless integration of renewable energy and electric transport is becoming a priority for the energy and transportation sectors. Using EVs as storage to support renewable energy generation, via smart EV charging and vehicle to grid (V2G), can increase the ability of the grid to accommodate higher penetration of RES and EVs. In addition, charging from renewable energy would help to realise a zero/low-emission transportation.
The transition to sustainable renewable energy and electric transport calls for the development of innovative technologies, modelling techniques, viable business models and supporting policies. This Special Issue will address these challenges as well as the opportunities and promising research and development to support the smooth transition to the future energy landscape.
We are looking for papers with a focus on:
· Analysis, modelling and forecasting of electricity generation from RES and EV charging/driving behaviour to support the integration of RES and EVs.
· Energy management and coordination of RES generation with smart charging of EVs, V2G and energy storage to enhance grid stability, increase energy autonomy and reduce carbon footprint.
· Route planning and intelligent EV parking to improve the synergies between RES and EVs profiles and increase RES utilization.
· Planning, operation and enabling control techniques for using battery energy storage (both stationary, distributed, and second life) to support integration of RES.
· Market design, business models development and supporting policies to facilitate the integration of high penetration of RES and EVs.
· Successful case studies and emerging industrial applications to promote the integration of RES and EVs.