Call for papers for Special Issue on the Role of Peer Support and Mutual Aid in Reducing Harm from Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs and other Addictive Behaviors
• 大类 : 医学 - 3区
• 小类 : 药物滥用 - 2区
Addictive Behaviorsis now accepting manuscripts for a Special Issue on: “The role of peer support and mutual aid in reducing harm from tobacco, alcohol, drugs and other addictive behaviors”.
Peer support and mutual aid potentially play an important role in reducing harm from tobacco, other substance use and various addictive behaviors as well as in facilitating recovery. However, they have not been subjected to the same level of research as clinician-delivered treatments. As peer support and mutual aid continues to evolve and take new forms (e.g. online, telephone, non-12 step groups etc.) there is a need to deepen our understanding of the experiences and impacts of peer support and mutual aid.
This Special Issue will feature articles that focus on the impact/ effectiveness of engaging with peer support/mutual aid, client and clinician barriers and facilitators to engaging in peer support or mutual aid and the experiences of participants, such as:
- Studies examining the effectiveness or active ingredients of different peer-support/ mutual aid groups
- Studies testing different methods of assertive linkage to peer-support/ mutual aid
- Studies examining the impact of peer support/mutual aid following specialist AOD or other treatment
- Evaluation of new peer-based support models or peer-support capacity building initiatives
- Studies exploring the experiences of mutual aid and peer support
- Case presentation in the context of a literature review