The demand for anti-inflammatory diet is increasing because we are facing challenges against the chronic inflammatory diseases such atherosclerotic diseases in a growing elderly society.
This special issue seeks to publish original research, meta-analyses as well as overviews of systematic reviews on complementary and integrative therapies for anti-inflammatory diet as well as prevention strategies that focus on active patient involvement and lifestyle modification.
High priority will be given to submissions investigating efficacy, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness issues. In addition, we are interested in qualitative research examining individual patients’ experiences and studies using innovative assessment tools.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Research synthesizing the available evidence for ant-inflammatory diet that will contribute to evidence-based recommendations (including meta-analyses or systematic reviews in cases where no meta-analysis is possible, and overviews of systematic reviews),
- Randomized controlled trials or pragmatic randomized trials investigating the efficacy, effectiveness, or cost-effectiveness of single complementary or combined integrative treatment approaches,
- Research of new and/or unconventional treatment approaches with high patient relevance (case reports/series and observational designs allowed),
- Research on mediators / moderators of treatment response,
- Research using qualitative methods and/or other innovative assessment tools.