Call for Special Issue: Safety in maritime and marine operations
• 大类 : 管理科学 - 2区
• 小类 : 工程：工业 - 3区
• 小类 : 运筹学与管理科学 - 3区
This Special Issue aims to display state-of-the-art and inventive research on safety in maritime and marine operations, calling for papers from different fields and industries with a variety of approaches. Safety research in the maritime and marine domains is developed from a range of disciplines with multiple methods. Diverse perspectives can be valuable for safety, as safety research includes development of knowledge and measures related to health, safety, environment (HSE) ranging from personal injuries and minor incidents to major accidents and disasters.
Research dealing with marine and maritime operations and issues related to these, have traditionally been divided between different communities of safety researchers. Relatively few safety studies analyze or compare the similarities in organizational safety-related aspects in for example maritime transport, fisheries and aquaculture. Sharing knowledge may broaden the understanding and close knowledge gaps. The purpose of this Special Issue is to unitedly display the range of research within the maritime and marine industries.
This Special Issue invites papers that can be interesting for several sectors, addressing the following questions or other topics:
- Research on marine and maritime operations combining field, literature or methods
- Implementation and evaluation of accident prevention and risk-reducing measures relevant for several empirical or theoretical fields
- Empirical studies of risk perception and everyday work (working safely)
- New technology leading to changed operations or research approaches
- Work processes for audits and safety management
- Changes in maritime and marine industries, organizations and regulation
- Organizational, regulative and policy-making processes