A special issue of the Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia (Brazilian Journal of Pharmacognosy) will focus on innovative aspects about propolis bringing a compilation of the state of the art on these products,derivatives and new applications on human health.
Green, brown and red propolis produced by Apis mellifera have great economic importance, having a production of approximately 200 tons per year.
The Stingless bees (meliponines), a large group of bees (about 500 species), are of increasing interest, and occur in most tropical or subtropical regions of the world. There is traditional use for the honey and propolis, with attributed medicinal effects.
For this reason, we invite the submission of original manuscripts, review articles, as well as communications on the following topics:
- Analytical methods and other procedures for quality controlling propolis samples and their derivatives;
- Physicochemical properties of propolis and its derivatives, including commercial products;
- The botanical origin and chemical composition of propolis;
- Seasonal effect on propolis production and its quality;
- The biological activities of propolis and its derivatives;
- Chemical composition of propolis samples;
- Toxicological Pre-Clinical and Clinical studies with propolis or its derivatives;