The Management of Operations Lean Training’s Role in Lean Implementation and Sustainability
• 大类 : 管理科学 - 2区
• 小类 : 工程：工业 - 3区
• 小类 : 工程：制造 - 3区
• 小类 : 运筹学与管理科学 - 3区
This call for papers is only available for papers submitted and presented in ELEC_2018, 5th European Lean Educator Conference, 13 - 16 November 2018, Braga, Portugal. Following presentation and discussion at the conference, high quality papers will be selected and put forward for the PPC revision process.
Lean training is referred frequently in the literature as playing an important role in the success of lean implementation and in continuous improvement programmes. Shrimali & Soni (2017) reported that one of the limitations observed for successful implementations of lean in SMEs was the poor training. Another study (Netland, 2016) shows that after the management commitment and involvement come training and education as the most commonly reported critical success factors in the improvement programme literature. Similar results were also reported by Yamchello et al (2014).
This special issue aims to collect relevant work addressing the way lean training is related to lean implementation success and in the sustainability of lean programmes. It also aims to identify the alignment of the objectives of the lean community players such as managers and facilitators in organizations with consultants, teachers and researchers in their common role as lean educators.
The theme includes topics such as:
- Developing effective lean culture in organizations through training.
- The role of simulation and serious gaming in lean success
- What is the role of the lean facilitator? How to combine training and coaching?
- How to link practice to lean courses/programs on universities and schools in an effective and efficient way?
- How to facilitate organizational learning in the lean journey of organizations?
- Which knowledge and capabilities are needed for workers, middle-managers, top managers in various areas?
- How to organize on-the-job training?