Energy crisis and carbon emission have become two global concerns. As a very promising solution, Energy Internet recently emerges to be able to tackle these challenges. Energy Internet is a radically new power generation and usage paradigm by exploiting the Internet principle to develop a revolutionary vision of smart grid. In Energy Internet, intelligent computation and communications are crucial in both operating and maintaining smart energy systems. In this sense, incorporating computation intelligence becomes the natural feature in all components as well as the whole energy system. Energy Internet applications using intelligent platforms typically need to be connected with users located remotely by using Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud. This will transform energy system into intelligent designs and systems. New intelligent models, architectures, approaches, algorithms and solutions are needed to cope with the ever-increasing complexity of problems in energy systems, such as sensing intelligence, communications intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, and data mining. Specifically, real-time monitoring and controlling are faced with great challenges in order to collect precise energy management data. New machine learning and knowledge discovery methods are imperative to integrate, process and analyze sensing data from computation sensors for intelligent control and real-time decision making. Further, safeguards are needed to build trust in the data, which is instrumental for making critical decisions for the development of Energy Internet.
This special issue will be dedicated to research and advances on the issues in Computation Intelligence for Energy Internet. Original papers describing new and previously unpublished works will be selected addressing all aspects of computation intelligence in Energy Internet. The papers will go through the usual review process, and then further reviewed by the editorial team to ensure quality of publication.
The topics of interest in this special issue include, but are not limited to:
- Energy Internet system and architecture with computation intelligence
- Computation intelligence for Energy Internet applications, e.g., power grid, Vehicle-to-Grid, PV systems, wind farm, buildings, and energy storage
- Design and analysis of real-time systems in Energy Internet
- Intelligent M2M communications in Energy Internet
- Cloud/Fog based intelligence for Energy Internet
- Computation security and privacy in Energy Internet
- Intelligent algorithms and optimization for Energy Internet
- Machine Learning and deep learning for Energy Internet
- Big data analysis intelligence for Energy Internet
- Data mining and knowledge discovery for Energy Internet
- Innovative forecasting methods in Energy Internet