Authors are invited to submit papers to ECSCW 2020 that help further the CSCW field of research addressing themes that include, but are not limited to:
- Empirical investigations of collaborative practices. Findings, guidelines, and/or studies related to communication, collaboration, and social technologies, practices, or use.
- System design focusing on solutions to support cooperative work in increasingly complex, networked settings.
- Hardware, architectures, infrastructures, interaction design, technical foundations, algorithms, and/or toolkits that enable the building of new social and collaborative systems and experiences.
- Methodologies and tools for investigating human practices: the nature of ethnography and the role of other innovative research approaches in building systems or studying their use, the application of design fictions to investigate future possibilities.
- Critical analysis or theory with clear relevance to study or design of collaborative settings and systems.
- Domain-specific social and collaborative applications, including applications to digital civics, grassroots movements, healthcare, transportation, ICT4D, sustainability, education, accessibility, global collaboration, or other domains.
- Analysis of the ethics and policy implications of socio-technical systems, the values that inform them, and the algorithms that shape them.
- Studies, prototypes, or other investigations that explore interactions across disciplines, distance, languages, generations, and cultures, to help understand how to transcend social, temporal, and/or spatial boundaries.
- Discussions and extrapolations of work-practices and technologies, which contribute to the core topics of ECSCW